Strawberry Filling: In bowl, combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes to macerate. Toss with cornstarch; set aside.
Danish: Preheat oven to 400°F. Stir together mascarpone cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extract; set aside.
- Whisk egg with 1 tbsp water; set aside. On lightly floured surface, unroll puff pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into four 5-inch squares. Using sharp knife, score 1/2-inch border around edge of each square. Using fork, prick pastry all over inside the border. Brush pastry edges with egg wash.
- Spread heaping 2 tbsp mascarpone mixture inside border of each pastry square. Top with strawberry mixture. Fold dough over and seal to form triangle. Using fork, prick vent holes in top.
- Brush Danishes with egg wash; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of ice cream.
- Alternatively, drizzle danishes with a simple white icing, made by combining 1/2 cup icing sugar with 1 to 2 tbsp water until smooth.