- 6 orange slices, divided
- 6 cinnamon sticks, divided
- 2 whole star anise
- Peel from 1 lemon
- 1 bottle (750 mL) red wine
- 2 cups sliced Foxy Strawberries
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 3 whole Foxy Strawberries, halved
Mulled Strawberry Wine
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium-low heat, add 4 orange slices, 2 cinnamon sticks, star anise, lemon peel, wine, 2 cups sliced strawberries, brandy, maple syrup and cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is warmed through and fragrant. (Mixture should be steaming, but not simmering or boiling.)
- Slice remaining orange slices into half-moons.
- Strain wine mixture into 4 serving glasses and garnish with remaining cinnamon sticks, orange half-moons and halved strawberries.
- For added spice, stir in chopped fresh gingerroot in Step 2, if desired.
- Strained strawberries can be spooned into mulled wine just before serving or saved for serving over ice cream, yogurt or oatmeal.