- 3 1/2 cups chopped fresh Foxy Strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping (35%) cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Strawberry Icebox Pie
- In medium saucepan set over medium heat, add 2 1/2 cups strawberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until strawberries are soft and mixture is thickened.
- Transfer to blender and blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour mixture through fine-mesh sieve into small bowl (discard solids).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- In another small bowl, stir together graham wafer crumbs and butter. Press mixture into greased 10 x 1-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp. Let stand for 12 to 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat cream, icing sugar and vanilla for 8 to 10 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining strawberries. Spread mixture over graham wafer crust and smooth top. Pour strawberry purée mixture on top.
- Freeze for 5 to 6 hours or until firm (overnight is best).
- Let thaw for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
For a festive Fourth of July finish, top with blueberries to create a red, white and blue swath of color.